2019 Summer Band & Orchestra Camp:
· Camp hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Please pick up your child on time as there will not be staff there after camp ends each day.
· Remind Texting App:Your cellphone number provided in your online registration will be automatically enrolled in text updates from the Remind App. This app will allow us to push important camp info via text to your phone (standard data rates apply). If you wish to unenroll, simply follow the steps in the text messages, or do so viahttps://www.remind.com - If you would like additional numbers enrolled in the service, simply text @sboa3 to (972) 776-2885.
· Supplies: Be sure to bring your instrument, supplies like rock stops, a pencil, rosin, etc. Cello and bass: You will need rock stops! Percussion, please bring your full stick bag only. You will not need a folding stand, we have music stands for you to use.
· Break Time: There will be a break each day for the students in the multi purpose room. There will be a snack bar available to students. Candy and drinks will be available for purchase at their morning break each day until we run out! Sodas/Water will be $.50, candy/chips is one for $1.00 or two for $1.50. Students are welcome to bring their own snacks/drinks for their break.
· Hawaiian Falls: On Thursday, June 13th we have an optional trip for the students to Hawaiian Falls in The Colony (4400 Paige Rd, The Colony, TX, 75056). Please wear an Allen T-shirt over your swim suit for this trip. After rehearsal we will be loading the busses to Hawaiian Falls. The students will store their instruments in the band hall (band students) and orchestra room (orchestra students) while they are on the trip. We will leave LFC at approximately 12:45 PM and return to LFC at 7:00 PM. There will be no return bus service to the middle schools Thursday night. Please be at LFC at 7:00 to pick up your tired and happy student! We have noted those of you that expressed interest to chaperone on your registration. We have already made contact with those who indicated “yes” to chaperone and will continue to seek more chaperones until we fill our chaperone needs; parent chaperones will be provided with a free ticket to Hawaiian Falls. Parent chaperones MUST be approved volunteers with AISD. All students who will be travelling to Hawaiian Falls MUST sign up for their bus no later than Wednesday, June 12. Bus sign up will be available during Check-In on June 10 and during the social break from Monday to Wednesday. If your child does not sign up for a bus, we will assume that they have changed their mind and are not travelling with us to Hawaiian Falls.
· Performance:The concert on Friday will be at 1:00 in the LFC AuditoriumDress for this performance will be the SBOA 2019 Camp t-shirt and jeans or shorts.
A pizza lunch will be provided at 11:00 AM for all the students. There will be one bus leaving LFC after the concert at 2:15-2:30 PM to take students back to CMS, FMS, EMS & and Lindsey Elementary.
Our excellent camp staff is looking forward to a great week of music and fun! Thanks so much for letting your child attend!
Mr. Kyle Wiechmann, Band Camp
Mr. Matthew Cross, Orchestra camp